Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help finding temp prog

• Please log in to reply

angel81

angel81

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hi g2g :whistling:

i am looking for a program that monitors my cpu temp etc but i have had no luck in finding one that supports my motherboard its the VL33 mobo if anyone can help i would appreciate it

thanks in advance angel

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I suggest the following...

Speedfan

Everest Home Edition

Give them both a shot and see which works for you. SpeedFan is the most popular for just temperatures, but Everest is the only one of those two which offers computer information, etc.

Let us know how it works for you :whistling:

angel81

angel81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hey thanks for the fast reply :whistling:

i have installed the speedfan prog and its says :

Posted Image

so i guess that ok right ?

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Try not to double post, if your browser is sluggish only press the button (submit) once, and exit the browser then re-open.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, if you can, please try to figure out what Remote 1 is. The fire means that the temperature is too high (but you probably didn't need me to tell you that :whistling: ) 51 degrees Celsius is 123.8 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on what Remote 1 is, that temperature might be just a little above what it should be, or it's way over. I'm tempted to say way over either way, but my video card gets to 120 Fahrenheit sometimes, so if that's what it is, you aren't too far off from the norm.

angel81

angel81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i have just found out bu using everest that the remote 1 is my cpu temp so 51C is bad :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, what were you doing when you took that screenshot? Were you running anything that takes up a lot of resources? Just quit anything that takes up resources?

angel81

angel81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i wasnt running anything apart from this forum but i have taken the side off my case and the temp has gone down to 45C so i'll just get another fan :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Before you buy another one, have you cleaned the ones already installed? Dust and other forms of debris might be stopping them from going at their best. How about air ducts, or "holes"? Is there dust preventing the air from coming out of the computer?

angel81

angel81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
theres no dust that i know of the fans and the case are all new only 2 days old

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ah alright. It very well might be that you need more fan power. I'd say install another one, it will likely serve you well :whistling:

angel81

angel81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
:blink: yep added two new fans todays and the temp has gone right down to 35C and only goes to 42C when in playing online games

thanks for your help :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Very welcome :whistling: