Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless(wg311) locking my comp

• Please log in to reply

buddy!!!!

buddy!!!!

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
i got this http://kbserver.netg...cts/WG311v3.asp but when i do all the steps and it tells me to plug it into my pci port it wont boot or it will lock up when it trys to install the new hardware if it gets that far

if you understand me plz report back asap

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You are using these instructions?

My first install, I just inserted the PCI wireless card, then started the software install. When it came to the point where it said something like you must turn off your PC and install PCI wireless card, I just clicked start, shut off computer and selected turn off. When PC shut down, I made sure the power was off to PC then rebooted. The software, once logged back in, started the install where it left off. After that I set my security settings. I logged all original and new changes ina notebook.

Ron

buddy!!!!

buddy!!!!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
yes, but to no avial.

buddy!!!!

buddy!!!!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i got it WORKING but it says there is a error with code ten? i dont know how to fix it?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Do not know which of these will be of the most help so will let you look at all referring to code 10. LOL

Code 10 Errors

Ron

buddy!!!!

buddy!!!!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i know why my troubleshooter isnt working but i dont know how to fix it

my Help thing cant load up so i cant see what the troubleshooter has to do.

buddy!!!!

buddy!!!!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok i fixed the help thing now. but the troubleshooter told me nothing i havnt already tried. since i have gotten the errors i thought my comp was conflicting with it but i dont know how so i cant fix it.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry. Went offline for a good period of time because of FEMA and where they put me to live. Did you get your problem resolved?

Ron