Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

• Please log in to reply

Doomed_to_a_pathetic_computer

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
It's just another minor irritant regarding Windows XP Professional. I've done this before, but I don't remember how. I managed to get the login screen to use the Windows Classic theme on Windows XP Professional before, but I reinstalled Windows on another hard drive and I can' figure out how to change the login theme. I've already changed the theme of every user to classic and nothing happened. I know how to get it to use the classic style log in screen with the single window floating in the middle, but I can't get it to use the actual Windows Classic theme.

Do you guys think you can help with this?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
...i'm a little confused as to what you have and haven't figured out..

to set the "classic logon" you can just go to start > control panel> users> "change the way users log on" and choose the classic login style (forget how it's actually worded)

to get the classic desktop functionality (i.e normal start menu etc..) right click on the task bar and choose properties > choose the start menu tab > then choose "use classic start menu"

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
What I'm trying to do is use the Classic Theme for the Classic Log In screen. I've already got the classic log in screen, but with that annoying Windows XP theme.