Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need big help with somebody hacking my computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ifyouseekay

ifyouseekay

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
So I recently had my WoW account stolen. Never given my info to anyone before, someone must've keylogged my pc.

So I ran various anti-virus and anti-spyware programs after that including AVG, Ad-Aware, and Spyware Doctor and removed everything they found.

Then yesterday I used my WoW guest pass to make a guest account to talk to a GM and some friends. Now that account has been hacked into and stolen as well. Which means that they keylogger is STILL on my pc.

I really need help with this, it's only a matter of time before he's messing with my email and stealing my paypal money.

Advertisements

hotvoltage

hotvoltage

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
If you ran several scanners and the keylogger went away only to return after you reboot. You may have a RootKit try this application.

Google whatever shows up before you change that file though, don't just change it. RootKits cannot be removed as far as I know the files have to be changed.

https://europe.f-sec...light/try.shtml

hotvoltage

hotvoltage

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
If you ran several scanners and the keylogger went away only to return after you reboot. You may have a RootKit try this application.

Google whatever shows up before you change that file though, don't just change it. RootKits cannot be removed as far as I know the files have to be changed.

https://europe.f-sec...light/try.shtml

ifyouseekay

ifyouseekay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
no luck on that :/

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
please post about your problem here

Never accept advice on viruses or the like from members of geeks to go. Only accept advice from our staff! We have this rule in place because our staff are trained to deal with things like this, and an untrained person could inadvertently have you damage your computer.

and therefore, also, please don't offer to help people on topics like this hotvoltage, until you graduate GeekU.

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hello and welcome, to g's2go.

if you are still having issues and suspect that it is malware related I would start with our malware forum and see if they can make sure you don't have any malware installed.

post any hjt logs in the malware forum .

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

cheers...xxx1

hotvoltage

hotvoltage

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'm sorry for breaking the rules it won't happen again.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
after your pc has been clean and have other issues please start a new post. We would be glad to assist.