Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

almost finished with ever using the copy dvd functions

• Please log in to reply

confusedinMich

confusedinMich

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I recorded Heroes. I wanted to put it on a dvd so I could watch it by using my magnavox dvd player in the living room. Found a neat program to edit the commercials. EXTREMELY time consuming to do but hey I was one step closer to what I wanted.

Decided to use the Dell version of Roxio MYDVD LE. Clicked on add files, clicked on my the folder edited videos. After many minutes I changed my mind so clicked on cancel and this came up "the file Heroes dvr-ms contains non-compliant dvr-ms video. you can still choose to import this file. However, doing so will result in the file being transcoded. Would you like to continue?" I clicked on no and a box with a red arrow in a circle came up saying "this file is not a valid MPG file - 20400" Ok!

Over to MCE I go to create the dvd. It asks me if I want the quality of the contents lowered so that it fits. I say yes. Only for it to tell me there is not enough room on the cd/dvd. Please select fewer files. The file was cut from 1 hour to 39 minutes.
I am using a FujiFilm DVD +RW 120 min 4.7GB

My computer: XPS400; 1GB ddr2 sdram; 256mb NVidia GeForce 7900GS; 250GB Sata II Hard Drive; MCE 2005 16xdvd rom and 16xdvd+/-RW

Does anyone know what in the world I am doing wrong? Did I use the wrong dvd? Is it something in MCE?
Thanks for any/all help

Advertisements