There is a folder here C:\Otmoveit You can delete it
Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
- Disable and Enable System Restore. - If you are using Windows ME or XP then you should disable and re-enable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.
You can find instructions on how to enable and reenable system restore here:
Windows XP System Restore Guide
- Updating your AntiVirus Software - It is imperitive that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.
- Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over.Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.
For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:
Understanding and Using Firewalls
- Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.
- Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
- Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
here are some additional utilities that will enhance your safety
- IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
- MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
- Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
- Winpatrol <= Download and install the free version of Winpatrol. a tutorial for this product is located here:
Using Winpatrol to protect your computer from malicious software
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this article by Tony Klien: So how did I get infected in the first place?
Have a safe and happy computing day!