Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-Aware won't run

• Please log in to reply

docfxit

docfxit

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi,

I can't seem to run Ad-Aware with this command line:
C:\Progra~1\AD-AWA~1\Ad-Aware.exe +nodefnotice +silent +update +procnuke +cskip

If I run it without the +silent switch it checks for downloads but does not start the scan.
If I run it without any switches it runs just fine.

I am running Ad-Aware SE Professional ver. 1.06r1 in XP Pro sp1

What are the correct command line settings to be most effective in identifying and removeing the most that Ad-Aware is capable of except for negligible items?

Thank you,

Docfxit

Advertisements

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
Here is a link,

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=205

Why don't you just run it normally from the interface screen??

docfxit

docfxit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Here is a link,

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=205

Thanks for the link to all the command line options. I can also see the command line options by putting a /? after the program. What I am interested in is the best combination to run with.

Why don't you just run it normally from the interface screen??

For me I can run the regular interface screen with no problem. I set up PC's for people that are PC illiterate.
They have a very hard time clicking on a link. Any link. Never mind following instructions that require multiple instructions to accomplish. I also setup PC's for people that are literate and don't have the time or don't see the importance of cleaning up PC's on a regular interval. Some people are literate and do see the importance and this will just make it easier for them. I am working on putting together a script that will run a bat file to clean temp files from lots of folders including the recycle bin, run Ad-Aware and run Spybot on a schedule. That way their system will run clean automatically without relying on anyone to clean it. They will all run in silent mode.

Thank you,

Docfxit