Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Soundcard Issues

• Please log in to reply

needhelp12345

needhelp12345

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK...not sure what the deal is with this one and whether its a software or Hardware issue. No sound coming from computer. I open up sound devices in control panel it says "No Audio Device". I go to advdanced and my the Card is on the list, and furthermore says its installed, working fine, and the driver is ok. Tried to dload a driver from Creative, but the installl wizard claims "No products Installed?" So basically, Whats the deal?

Its PCI Express so i can't imagine it became disconnected, or could that be the case, and if it is, why does windows claim to detect it, and not detect it at the same time?

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
let's see:

before anything esle
- try headphones to rule out speakers

runbox command
- press buttons on keyboard: winkey + r button
- paste: mmsys.cpl
- press: enter
- click: advanced
- see if your settings are for your configuration.

runbox command
- paste: sndvol32.exe
- check to see if none have turned down or muted

runbox command
- paste: devmgmt.msc
- see if there are yellow blobs on sound devices, means missing drivers.

needhelp12345

needhelp12345

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its not a problem with the speakers because i have it going into a receiver and can use the radio on the receiver just fine. I uninstalled the driver becausei had dloaded a new version of the driver(originally i dloaded the driver for the audigy, than realized i have the audigy se, so dloaded that in stead, still the driver application from creative is saying that no hardware is installed, but before, windows didn't seem to have a problem with the driver, just said there was no hardware there, so i'm thinking now its a bad card/bad slot.)

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Ok make it clear to me, first I don't feel that a soundcard which was good before uninstalling the driver is somehow now bad, what I feel it is is that the device manager is probably not seeing that it has not got the right driver so I simply suggest to uninstall then reinstall from device manager. I am also wondering if no one else has a better idea if system restore would take you back to a point prior to the problem here.

Edited by fleamailman, 06 February 2007 - 01:14 PM.