Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

intell pentiumIII 640mhz with a 3D rage pro

• Please log in to reply

mailman38

mailman38

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Is my system too old for upgrades or is there a video card out there that i can get that my system will support, thank's for your help

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
you can run most but can cause your pc to suffer if you buy a card thats more than the pc can handle. if your running a 640mhz cpu id say your probably socket 370 maybe socket 1. socket 370 you can upgrade to 1ghz depending on your board

mailman38

mailman38

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm pretty green to this comp. language, what is meant by socket 370 and where is it located, i have no paper work to this comp, it's pretty old about 8yrs

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
please go to this site to download and run CPU-Z. Take pictures of the CPU, mainboard, and memory tabs by hitting F5 with them selected. Then post the pictures here, and we will be able to tell you what upgrades can be made to your computer.

Edited by stettybet0, 07 February 2007 - 07:52 AM.