Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow keyboard to screen reaction

• Please log in to reply

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
i recently threw an older agp card in and when i type i have a major lag between the words showwing up and me typing i was originally running a nvidia 5500 pci, now i have a g200 agp 8mb in and i cant stand the lag. my other vid card is at school in cisco. any suggestions?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Updating the graphics driver for the nVidia might solve the problem. Although your card has a matrox g200 chip, the actual host card may be manufactured by another company, in which case you would need to get drivers from their website, not from Matrox, as often the drivers (and the card) have different features.

If it's a Matrox card, newest drivers for their older cards are here:
http://www.matrox.co...latest/home.cfm

Edited by pip22, 07 February 2007 - 03:27 PM.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
i uninstalled the driver, restarted and installed the driver from their site, and i think its a little worse