completely removing charter internet security suite
Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:40 PM
Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:47 PM
Welcome to Geekstogo
I'm sure we can help you remove that, its Related to F-Secure, a backweb application , not a really bad thing.
First, you need to set up some things.
* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
- Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
- Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
- Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
- At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Open HijackThis, click Config, click Misc Tools
Click "Open Uninstall Manager"
Click "Save List" (generates uninstall_list.txt)
Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.
Post those back in this thread and we will take a look at whats going on
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users