Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

"INVITATION" e-mail Virus

• Please log in to reply

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Received email concerning new virus which attacks harddive going under the name of "INVITATION"/ Any tuth to this and does anyone have an update on this virus.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This is what snopes.com has.

This from About.com.

There are more if you Google for them.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hoax, but there are other which are for real, I myself hate things like outlook express because the emails first enter your computer and then one opens them, so much safer to go to ones email server's site and look directly at the mail on line but even now we are getting post about "my outlook express...", anyways here is a nice read to show you what I mean by why viewing mails on server is better.