Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

dmcbass

dmcbass

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Asus A7v333 mb, AMD XP1800 cpu, 1 gig ram. XP SP2 fully updated
Here are the codes for the Blue Screen
0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x8058D332, 0xF1E87BD0, 0x00000000)

I have also been getting many "Windows must shut down application... Send Don't Send" boxes lately especially when I am using IE7, Outlook and FoxFire.

Now 8 minutes later after a reboot I get another blue screen saying:

Bad Pool Header

0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x85F1FF98, 0x85F20238, 0x0A544CA5)

Edited by dmcbass, 08 February 2007 - 11:10 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

* “STOP 0x0000008e” Error Message During Windows XP Setup {KB 315335} Win XP
* Games: “Stop” Error Message That References Nv4_disp.dll {KB 325730} Flight Simulator, other games (wth Nvidia-based video adapter)
* Your Computer Stops Responding When You Use the Highlighter Feature & the Font Color Feature {KB 829578} Win XP

STOP: 0x00000019 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) BAD_POOL_HEADER

If the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk.

It may be the Asus motherboard is failing. I have not had much luck with them and do not use them when i build computers.

SRX660

dmcbass

dmcbass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
My initial thought was the MB failing. I have only used Asus and this will be the 2nd failure in the past year. I will try to flash the Bios and see if that helps. If not I will replace the MB and CPU. Any suggestions on MB brand? I do not game on this machine and I only run home type SW like Quicken, Outlook, MS Office, etc.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
My personal favorite MB is Gigabyte. I had a dual bios gigabyte Mb that would not boot because of a bios virus i caught. he dual bios booted the computer and i was able to get rid of the bios virus easily with the gigabyte bios program. Any other MB and they would have been toast., After Gigabyte i like intel Mb's with intel cpu's. Beyond that i have a preference like this. The main thing is what i can get with the MB sometimes as some makers include things others don't.

Aopen
Abit
DFI
Biostar
MSI
Epox

I have built many computers using many MB's including the off brand ones like Foxconn, ECS, PC Chips, but i find that i am always coming back to the best brands for the reliability of them. If i'm building the computer it does not matter if its 2,3, or more years old, guess who the people are calling when they are having problems. Which ones have i bought the most of? That would be Gigabyte, then DFI, then Biostar, then Intel. After that any that i mention i will usually buy.

SRX660

dmcbass

dmcbass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Well after flashing the Bios, I am able to do things that I could not before the flash. If I start having issues again, I will replace the MB with one you have suggested.

As always, thanks so much for your help.