Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

What is PCI and what does it do

• Please log in to reply

bigal41

bigal41

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I noticed in my device mgr that the pci simple communication controller has an Astrix in it you know the yellow triangle I think...any how when I try to update the driver it can't find either in the computer or online what gives with that and how can I resolve that problem.

Oh what does this device do or control...thanks for your help

Al :whistling:

Edited by bigal41, 08 February 2007 - 02:25 PM.

Advertisement

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
PCI Simple Communications controller is related to the dial-up modem installed in your computer. Since you don't use dialup, I would not worry about it. It won't cause any problems, but if you want, you can right-click the device in the Device Manager and choose DISABLE. That way it won't be used at all by Vista.

Fenor

bigal41

bigal41

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
thanks for the quick come back...I did exactly as you said ...I disabled it, thank you again

Al

Advertisement