Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm gonna show those Harleys a few things.

• Please log in to reply

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Posted Image

SRX660

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Whew, shes a beaut

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :whistling:

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
That really is an awesome looking machine! :whistling:
Though .... I do think it would look better if the middle bit was enclosed or had a curtain or something over it! :blink:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
holy sweet jebus....*drool* i bet that thing hauls!

Though .... I do think it would look better if the middle bit was enclosed or had a curtain or something over it!

.....seriously!?!?!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://thekneeslider...e-motorcycle-2/

and a second one with the motor mounted the opposite way (across the bike i nstead of inline with the frame)
http://thekneeslider...red-motorcycle/

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

holy sweet jebus....*drool* i bet that thing hauls!

Though .... I do think it would look better if the middle bit was enclosed or had a curtain or something over it!

.....seriously!?!?!

:whistling: Just a little bad attempt at humour! - Like you'd put a curtain over it???

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Harleys are ok, but they are total crap from a reliability, handling, and speed view... I guess I just like the SuperBikes a bit to much, but I found the harleys terrible, stopping is sluggish, etc. Although I have to admit, that harlye does look cool.

Edited by SuperSam, 13 February 2007 - 04:02 PM.

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Amazing lookin' bike!

That's a huge HSF you've got in the background too

[Sorry, bad sense of humour]

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Harleys are ok, but they are total crap from a reliability, handling, and speed view... I guess I just like the SuperBikes a bit to much, but I found the harleys terrible, stopping is sluggish, etc. Although I have to admit, that harlye does look cool.

I have to disagree on all points here. Harleys are more reliable than any other bike out there IMHO. If you take care if it, it will never break, unlike this piece of junk honda that I am riding that I spend more time repairing than I do riding. it is and 81 CB750 Custom and has been taken care of very very well by its previous owner (a family friend). Yet my 88 heritage softial classic still runs amazingly and I NEVER have any problems with it.... even with about 150,000 miles on it.

stopping is just fine on a harley, and the handling is not bad at all depending on which model. The roadkings or roadglides are pretty huge, so naturally it will not be as good, but they make more than one style :whistling: Speed? Well, anything that has a 106 cubic inch engine seems fast enough to me, I forget what the stock engine size is now for most of them, but I can assure you that they are plenty fast... unless of course you want to go over 130... in which case good luck to you :-p

I got nuthin against those superbikes, but I can tell you that my harley is more reliable than any other machine I have ever owned...including cars. You just need to know how to take care of them.

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts

Harleys are ok, but they are total crap from a reliability, handling, and speed view

This is my machine, and it handles like a dream. Everything works really well with it, and other than changing the oil and installing a new air filter, I have not had to do anything to it in the three years I have had it.

IMG_0022c.jpg

On top of all that, there is just something about riding Harleys that cannot be defined, no other bike I have ever ridden has the same feeling as a Harley (and that is coming from a Brit!)

Edited by RatHat, 27 February 2007 - 09:29 AM.

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
Nice Machine Rathat!!!

Not to be outdone, I will need to get pictures of my bikes to show off a little as well... whenever I find a camera :whistling:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Hey Rathat...beautiful bike! But where's the leather?????
www.leatherworker.net/forum/
Johanna
aka The Leather Lady

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts

But where's the leather?????

Hey Jo, living in Thailand, there is no need for leather! Jeans and tee shirt are the order of the day (plus an occasional umbrella!).

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Saddlebags, fringe on the handlebars, gas tank cover, no sissy bar so no bag there...and as far as leather on your body- well, it may be warm there, but I would expect road rash looks the same as it does here. I have seen some unintentionally distressed leather, and some nasty looking skin from not having protection. Your lady (the one who has to perch on that tiny p-pad) would not only be styling, she'd be protected a little, in case some idiot makes you lay that bike down. If that happens, I pity the poor soul that makes you wreck if you can stand up afterwards. You do have a pretty bike. What does gas cost in Thailand? Here in the US, if the weather's good, a bike is the most economical way to get around where there is no public transport.
Best regards,
Johanna