Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot delete files

• Please log in to reply

givemeablumkin

givemeablumkin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a sandisk 2gb removable memory and there is an empty file named recycler on it but i cannot delet it and the card wornt format untill i delet it the error message says cannot delet directory is not empty....plzz help me :whistling:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
How are you trying to format it? Why do you need to? Can't you just delete all the other files? What is the name of the folder? Do you have it set so hidden files show?

Edited by Michael, 09 February 2007 - 01:09 AM.

givemeablumkin

givemeablumkin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have deleted all other files but the chip will not work in my phone or camera with this file on it i am trying to format it by right clicking my computer then manage disk manage then formatting the card it is set to show all hidden folders and it still says it is empty

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
What error message do you get when you try to do a format on it? Do you have it in a USB card reader attached to your computer?

user109s

user109s

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi,

I assumed you r talking about a memory card, SD? Did your card reader work? Some card readers only read but no write access. Assume your card reader is working good. One way you can do is boot into safe and try to format t card again see if it work. Plug t reader in bf you go into safe mode. 2nd is borrow a camera or phone from your friends to format your card.

Hope this helps. :whistling:

Edited by user109s, 09 February 2007 - 09:46 AM.

givemeablumkin

givemeablumkin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
how do i boot into safe mode

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Go Start
Then Run
and type
MSCONFIG
Go to the BOOT.INI tab
then tick
/SAFEBOOT
Press OK and Restart the computer

You will then need to undo this to boot back into normal mode, write that down so you don't forget it.