Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

program identity

• Please log in to reply

po7ford

po7ford

• Pip
  • 1 posts
what is Lexar Media\USB Card Reader Driver v2.1g Is this dangerous to my computer. Also, I have been a yahoo email users for years. Yahoo mail will not recognize my password. I have been through the steps of resetting my password, but to no avail. I am not a Geek. I wish I was. I would be better at solving my problems. Thank you

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
No it's not dangerous at all. It's the software which allows Windows to "see" a Lexar memory-card reader. Not required for Windows XP but is required for earlier Windows versions otherwise the card-reader won't work.

The software may also include a utility which shows custom icons in My Computer to identify each slot in the reader. That's worth installing even if you have Windows XP.

Edited by pip22, 10 February 2007 - 05:49 AM.