Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[bleep] Viruses

• Please log in to reply

THizZ

THizZ

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello. i got a virus a couple of days ago. My McAfee caught it and got rid of it but now my computer seems to be running way slower than before. When i start programs or even internet browser seems to take much longer to start than before. Was wondering if any1 could help me find out what is going on.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
First, go offline temporarily just to be double safe, and disable your antivirus temporarily while you run the 'Disk Defragmenter': Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Defragmenter. It could take quite a while depending on how much time has expired since you last ran it.

If no improvement, read the "pinned" posts in the Malware forum for guidance on how to get the HijackThis utility, how to run it, and how to submit it's log to the forum.

Edited by pip22, 10 February 2007 - 04:04 AM.