Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AzMixerSel.exe pup-up screen every time I Start the PC

• Please log in to reply

MrDark

MrDark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear;

I have probem every time I open my PC I have the below message popup :whistling:

AzMixerSel.exe has incountered a problem and needs to close. We are sory fo the inconvenience.

Note: My PC (Acer Extensa 6601 with XP)

Your help and support is appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• AzMixerSel.jpg

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The file 'AzMixerSel.exe' is the program file to start the 'Azalea Mixer Selector' which is used in conjuction with your sound device to select different inputs and outputs.

Obviously there is a problem with it so it can't start. The fact that it appears whenever you start Windows suggests that it's been configured to run as a startup item.

It is not essential to have this running for your sound to work, and I suggest you disable it as a startup item. The error will then no longer appear. Download this 'Startup Control Panel' from here:
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Run it and it will reveal all the programs which are set to start with Windows. Click each tab in turn till you find a line referring to 'AzMixerSel.exe' and UNtick it's little tick-box.

Close Startup Control panel

Restart Windows to check if the error has gone.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Understand you're having problems with Startup Control Panel. easiest thing to do is download the "standalone exe version" so there's nothing to install. You just double-click the "StartupCPL.exe" file when you have it. Then click all it's tabs in turn till you find "AzMixerSel.exe". Untick it's little box. Close the window. Reboot.

In case you forgot the link for the program, it's here:
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml