Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My own site

• Please log in to reply

FCCAGut

FCCAGut

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
How do I make my own website? Not like freewebs.com o myspace, but just my own that I make without paying anything?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Get a free hosting site like bravenet.com or Yahoo's geocities. They all have the templates you can choose from and the free apps to install like a Guestbook, Forum, etc. You will have to put up with the ads, but it is all free. Freewebs.com is like them, but the only way to get you pages published is to use free or paid hosting sites. To do your own pages on your PC, I like to use Matrix Y2K or NVU (WYSIWYG) Editor and the FTP Program, SmartFTP

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 10 February 2007 - 08:52 PM.

FCCAGut

FCCAGut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Thx for the post. I will try.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi FCCAGut,

"Here's" another free site.

Wendy

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Looks good Wendy, but seems restricted to using IE and I love FF too much to change. :whistling:

Here's what I got trying with FF:

In order to use Microsoft Office Live, you will need to have Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later running on Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Microsoft Windows Server 2003. You can download the latest version of Internet Explorer from the Internet Explorer downloads page.

Oh, well. May install the IE Extension for FF yet.

Ron

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Major Payne,

oops! Oh well it was a thought. Hey! I didn't know that there was such a thing as an IE extension for FF, shoot that almost sounds evil.

Wendy

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It's one of the many, many nifty extensions for FF. I think it just emulates the IE engine. Don't know how it works on Micro$oft's sites. Let me know if you want me to PM you some neat extensions...provided you use a REAL browser like Firefox. :whistling:

Ron

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
nah, it just opens IE inside FF... not sure how, but whoever coded it is pretty nifty. it works just like IE though. Any site that requires IE will work with it.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hey, thanks stettybet0. Makes it seem worthwhile to get extension installed since it works. Gonna try it.

Ron

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Some other great extensions for Firefox are

http://www.iosart.co...fox/colorzilla/

http://users.skynet....gueury/mozilla/

http://chrispederick...k/webdeveloper/