Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble

• Please log in to reply

interpolarity

interpolarity

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, my internet would not produce sound (Firefox 2), so I tried a system restore to fix it. When it was over, my computer was screwed up, so I reverted back, and it did nothing. My quick launch, which I normally have at the top of my screen on autohide, wasn't there. I tried getting it back, but it wouldn't get out of the bar on the bottom (forget the name...the one with the start button). I right clicked and pressed open folder...I accidentally moved it onto my desktop. Now I it won't let me create the quick launch toolbar.
Where is the original location of the quick launch toolbar? Please tell me, I can't function w/o it....

Thank you....

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, Interpolarity.

So, if you right click on an empty space on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, choose Toolbars, do you see Quicklaunch in the list? Is it checked?

At this moment, is your Quicklaunch toolbar open on the desktop like a folder? If so, can you grab it and drag it back to the top of the screen like you used to have it, or to the toolbar at the bottom?

Are you getting any errors?

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
dragging it to the top worked wonders! Thank you VERY MUCH!!!

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Good! Glad it worked :whistling: