Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Delete Account...

• Please log in to reply

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I am trying to delete my sisters account as she is having some problems with it. I decided to just delete it and make her a new one.

However, When I go to delete the account, the window where you delete the account just freezes. I have moved all of her files onto my iPod as a backup...

Her account is not logged into when I am deleting it...does anyone know what to do?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
log on as administrator and right click on my computer > choose properties> choose the advanced tab > press the "settings button" under user profiles > find her acount and highlight it > press delete

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I am the system administrator, I followed your instructions and when I press settings under the user profiles area, that window just freezes too lol

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try doing it in safe mode

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I will try that, however it will have to be 2moro when I do that because I have some college work to do for 2moro.

I will let you know how it goes 2moro :whistling:

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hey, I tried it in safe mode. It would only let me see my account and the administrator account...

I also tried going to My computer > Properties> Advanced > User Profiles....still crashes...

I tried logging into my sisters account and alot of error messages popped up such as the firewall is not running, error codes and it even said my copy of windows is not legit...which it is because I bought the computer brand new with windows pre installed from PC World....

I just done a system restore and it all went away...