Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking between 64 Bit & 32 Bit

• Please log in to reply

Mandy61

Mandy61

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
Can someone please help me. I have 2 computers both runing XP Pro. PC1 is a 64 Bit and PC2 is 32 Bit.
I have tried to use the Network wizard on XP with out success though the BT Home Hub. Many hours have been spent on the phone to them without any success.
I then went out and got 2 new network cards , a cross ethernet cable with an installation disk.
The 32 Bit runs the program however the 64 bit will not.
32 Bit shows the new network card in the device manager by name, the 64 Bit names it as other ethernet device. The drivers will not install on the 64 Bit.
I have been to the makers site for updated drivers but they do not do one for the Blooooody 64 Bit.
Is it possible to network both these computers together???
All I really wanted to do was access the internet via the hub and run hardware and programs that the 64 Bit would not ie web cam etc.
Thank you :whistling:

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well, the computers can definately be networked with 32 bit and 64 bit using xp pro. Ya just need 2 ethernet cards, hub(or crossover cable), and two standard ethernet cables. Now run the wizard on both computers, allowing folders to be shared, choosing the correct network setup, and naming the domain the same for both computers. Do that, disable firewalls on Local Area Connections and you're golden.

Or you could also download a VNC Viewer, Server.....These programs allow ya to view other workgrouped computers.