Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Complete CS2 meltdown

• Please log in to reply

exiled

exiled

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Creative Suite2 seems to have it in for me, when I first installed it it decided that the user (full admin) didn't have the user rights to use the program. I tried uninstalling but as I said I didn't have the user rights for that.
So in a fit of desperation I used a Linux-live CD to simply overrun all the "can't delete, can't uninstall" that XP and CS2 were throwing at me. Now when I try to install a new version of CS2 XP tells me it's still installed and that I can't install.

How do I get out of this, I really need CS2 for my work.

help...onegai?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Start in safe mode -- choose the Administrator account at the log-in screen (that's the Windows installed Administrator account, not yor account). Now check to see if CS2 is evident anywhere. Especially check the Registry --- use it's find tool to find all Photoshop CS2 references and delete them. Many installer routines read the Registry to check for installed software and that's probably why CS2 installer is telling you it's already installed. Check Registry thoroughly but carefully. When done, reboot and log-in to your usual account and try installing CS again.

Edited by pip22, 19 February 2007 - 06:18 AM.

exiled

exiled

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ooh-kay... that didn't make all that much sense to me but I'll try it. Are we talking the windows registry or some other similar thingy of a wossname?
My biggest problem is this... I know graphics, but not computers and OS's or any programming whatsoever.

some time later... I've been trying this for a while now and I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if my computer is just broken... there's about a MILLION reg files that point towards adobe and although I've spent some time deleting them I must have missed some because it still says CS2 (the complete suite, not just photoshop) is installed and must be uninstalled before installing a new version.

I'm considering just reinstalling windows and then starting from the top installing alll the programs I want.

this is if someone hasn't got a surefire way of doing this that won't steal another 5 hrs of my worktime.

Edited by exiled, 20 February 2007 - 11:38 AM.