Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows not detecting battery power

• Please log in to reply

gomer555

gomer555

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello, i recently have installed a new installation of windows xp home on my alienware m5500 laptop. I have everything running find except windows is not able to detect my battery power. It detects the battery and installs a driver for it (called Microsoft APM legacy battery), but when i go to power options, it says it cannot detect a battery connected and therefore does not show the battery life. The computer will run whether its plugged in or running off the battery, but i just dont know how much battery life is next. Is there some driver that i should download? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Maybe this page:
http://support.alien..._downloads.aspx

Though, I cannot check it as I am not an alienware customer.

rhenn

rhenn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm getting this on my Dell Latitude D620 running Win XP.

The BIOS (version A07) setup menu (using F12 at boot up) shows no batteries installed!

All works OK on battery except no warning of when it is about to run flat, it just cuts out withot warning.

Help!

Richard