Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with MSN messinger and MSN explorer.

• Please log in to reply

other

other

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hihi everybody :)
I'm new here and i not positive if this is the right forum...sorry if it isn't ;)

Two days ago i started getting a popup where i was told to update my msn but i didn't do it becouse i already have the beta 7 version. The very next day when i tried to log on i got error number: 0x800B0001 and i wasn't able to log on ;) I tried to domnload both msn messenger and explorer again but it didn't make any difference. I then tried to update (security updater etc) but wasn't able to do that either and got the same error number. Tried to fix the problem with some troubleshoot tips on microsoft.com...but again nothing worked...So please if u think u can help me...couse i need my favorites that are in the explorer for a huge school project and i am totally desperate :tazz: Yes..i dont know if it makes any difference but my norton said it was tampered with!!

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You might have something going on related to malware.

You can check this out and post a hijack log if it's not fixed after following these instructions.

here

other

other

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much, will try that :tazz: