Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware terminator

• Please log in to reply

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
In search of a free antispyware with realtime shield I came across Spyware Terminator. Potentially it looks quite impressive, more veratile then Spywareblaster. I don't find much material about the software.

I downloaded it from PC world which rated it quite high adding the following note: Editor's Note: Crawler is an offshoot of Ibis (http://www.ibisit.com/), which some consider a distributor of adware. Crawler says it no longer has ties to Ibis.

Could you, people, give me your opinion?

Thanks

Edited by The Skeptic, 19 February 2007 - 09:10 AM.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

Spyware Terminator - invender.nl - no trial version available [A: 2-26-05 / U: 2-26-05]

from Here

Being its on the list granted it has not been tested I wouldn't trust it on my system,, spywareblaster made by javacool would get an all around thumbs up from all staff at this site and may others.
Stick with what you know IMO :whistling:

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Thanks for the reply don77. I have seen the list that you linked me to before posting my topic. My problem with the list is that it seems to contain very old stuff together with new. Looking at Spyware Terminator it seems that the publisher is not Crawler and to have been added to the list some 2 years ago.