Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Automatic Updates

• Please log in to reply

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
:whistling: I know i have Malware on my computer and someone is helping me out but everyone is getting the new updates from windows and i dont know what is the right one to choose from... because everything was fine but when i did first installed them they brought in more Viruses, and AVG and Avast! found more viruses... Well should i installed them again? :blink:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
All automatic updates patch critical security holes in Windows and Internet Explorer, said holes are used by malware therefore it is in your own interest to get patched.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
true that it is often hard to accept that there microsoft comes out with the odd update that causes problems but by and large those updates are corrected soon enough by microsoft or that the nature of the problem is explained by microsoft as in certain motherboards hicuping, but I can say here that your malware is not prevented by not having the updates installed(as rightly pointed out in the above poster) but if let's say you only have the old service pack one then it is very important that you must clear all the malware off the machine before trying to install service pack two as that really snarls up the system meaning that the updates are patches and must not be thought of as cures.

Salku69

Salku69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Thx for the passing knowledge