Dell Inspiron 600m
Windows Xp SP2 ( I believe, I'm not that good with computers )
1.59 GHz Pentium 4
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 ( 32mb; currently on 1024x720 display. I don't know if the numbers are exact, so excuse me. )
I can't open my Display window from control panel, nor my Desktop properties(rightclick on desktop, properties). I have tried going to my Device Manager and under my display adapter, cannot open my properties for my driver because a popup appears saying: " Device installer error; Windows could not load installer for Display. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance. " Whenever I would play Warcraft3, during the game my computer would switch from 1024x720 to 800x600. After that I could not change the resolution, since I do not have access to my display properties.
Things I have tried:
1)I have gone to safe-mode to try to see if it would work. To my avail, it would just freeze and I would see the blue screen with information about physical memory dump or something. I would then have to restart my computer
2) I have tried to reinstall my drivers. I went to dell.com to look up the latest software for my graphics, downloaded it, and tried to install. But before any progress was made in the installation, the popup would appear thus skipping the installation progress and bringing me to the end of the installation, in which it required me to shut down and restart.
3) I tried looking for my ATI Control Panel to hopefully help me with my problem. I have found it, but it does not load, same result as the Display in control panel.
4) I tried system restore, but to my avail it does not work.
What I think may have triggered the problem:
1) I have been playing Blizzard's Warcraft3: The Frozen Throne and Diablo2: Lord of Destruction, which required me to play the game on an 800x600 resolution.
2) Usually while playing Warcraft3, my computer would just freeze up for a little bit and then a popup from ATI's control panel would show; saying something about it changed the current resolution to 800x600 so the computer would not crash/restart. I believe its one of ATI's features to send an error report if it were to happen, so at one time I unchecked the box so it would not send the error report anymore, as it did no help.
Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give me.
Edited by Dice-, 19 February 2007 - 12:21 AM.