Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet too slow

• Please log in to reply

shinakuma9

shinakuma9

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Hi,
I am on high speed dsl right now, and for the past week or so, my internet is running extremely slow. what i mean is that to load a web page, it takes alot longer than its supposed to, for example, the google homepage takes about 5-10 sec to load fully when it's supposed to take about 2 sec. it has become extremely slow since the last week, and im wondering if theres something that is hurting my connection.
thanks in advance :whistling:

cheers

Advertisements

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Have you tried clearing your browser cookies and cache? And also what isp are you with? What speeds are you supposed to be getting? Once you get your speeds, go to Speakeasy...Run a speed test and then post the results

shinakuma9

shinakuma9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
hi,
yeah i have done the clearing browser stuff, currently im in canada and my isp is bell sympatico high speed. i have done numerous speed checks from alot of websites and i have gotten around 700kb/s speed and with speakeasy
i got 521 kb/s download, and 578 upload. these are the results from another speed test that is located in toronto. 2971.06Kbps is your thruput. well my speed is normal but what is eating up my connection? it has become so extremely slow. any suggestions?

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi shinakuma9, what do you have for Anti-Spyware or Anti-Virus programs? What also do you have for a Firewall? If you do not have anything you can look below in my goodies and I have a couple of good programs for use. But let me know what you have. Thanks

shinakuma9

shinakuma9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
well i have no firewall/anivirus all i have is ewido