Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop Can't acquire network address on WLAN

• Please log in to reply

pernitza

pernitza

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a belkin Router, and a NTL connection, shared with another laptop in my house.
They were woring ok together, but one day, my computer did not acquired the IP address for the connection I have (and have always used).
My computer stills connect to other wireless networks, and thats why I'm writing it from my computer, and I tried to put the cable straight from the modem to my computer and happened the same.
But my friend stills have the connection normally.
I tried to set up the IP address manually but it didn't work. I tried to repair the connection and it also didn't work, I tried the ipconfig /renew command and nothing happenened. It just can't repair the connection and cant' address a new number to it.
So, briefly: my wireless card still working, we still have the signal from the ISP,but I cant' connect to it!
What then?
Thanks a lot!

Advertisements