Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Halo updating issues

• Please log in to reply

Doomed_to_a_pathetic_computer

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
There seems to be a problem with Halo. I downloaded the update and installed it. The problem is that before the update, it didn't need the CD, but now that I updated it, it needs the CD and it says that my CD is wrong for some reason. I had to re-install it just so I could play it at all. Do you know what the problem is?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You are saying when you put the halo disc in it tell you that it is the wrong disc?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Yes, it says, "Please insert the correct CD." when I have the CD in my computer.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
But it still reinstalled from the same disc that it wont read for gameplay?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hit the nail right on the head. It works now that I reinstalled it, but once I update it, it won't play.

Compnoobie

Compnoobie

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
i sense some illegal activity...

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
What's that supposed to mean? I used my own CD that I got from a friend. I think those jerks at Microsoft just want another twenty bucks from me.

And it's not a one time thing, I tried twice and it didn't work either time.

EDIT: I've looked up some stuff that say that having programs like "DAEMON tools" installed may cause it to refuse to play. I copy my CD's to images so that the games will run faster, that's all. Would it seem that Microsoft doesn't like virtual CD software?

Edited by Doomed_to_a_pathetic_computer, 24 February 2007 - 10:16 AM.

Compnoobie

Compnoobie

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Exactly, that you got from a friend. Microsoft designed it so u can only install 1 cd on one comp.

Compnoobie

Compnoobie

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
I dont think Daemon tools is causing the problem. Check if it will work with just the CD if u can get a hold of it.

Edited by Compnoobie, 24 February 2007 - 10:20 AM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Won't run if it's just the CD either. I looked on the Wikipedia article for DAEMON tools and it said that some games will refuse to run if DAEMON or other virtual CD drives are detected on the system.