Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cure for the common cold

• Please log in to reply

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
:blink:
ok seeing as how i have just caught a cold or flu for the male species of human life :whistling: i thought i would start a topic of asking for a cure or some sort of relief-ment for the common cold that poeple have
please do post your remedies

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I know it sounds terribly sarcastic, but that magical cure only exists in fantasy (AKA La La) Land. Try Zicam though, those little remedies work well.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you take it soon enough zicam works wonders...it does really work...also airborne (god that stuff tastes awful) helps...

if that fails...you could get some hybernol like farley had on SNL that one time....sleep right through flu season

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
I don't know... you don't want to be like the lady I used to work with. From about September until April, she always had a lit cigarette in one hand, coffee cup in the other, and a NyQuil bottle tucked under arm. Well, the cigarette and coffee weren't limited to that time frame... and of course, this was before the "no smoking" rules kicked in....

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
This one is Really Easy Eat as Many Oranges as you can in the One Day this Always Works for My Family and My Self at least 10 or twelve in the same Day and the Next Day you'll Feel a Whole lot Better Remember to do this as soon as the symptoms Start to get the Best Results. Good Luck

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Zicam and zync tablets work, but only if taken very early ...as soon as symptoms start. They may not eliminate a cold, but it's been my experience they can make it much shorter and less severe.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Didn't you get you flu shot? :blink:

alot of studies are calming that a drug called cold-fx is really good at preventing the flu and if you get it, it'll be for shorter periods and less extreme.

Or else you could try Buckly's........Buckly's, it tastes awful, but it works :help:

Off topic but is anyone else worried about Bird flu (H5N1) since it's being located in suburbs of Moscow :whistling:
James

Edited by james_8970, 20 February 2007 - 11:22 PM.

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
I gotta agree with the zycam... however, if you are congested... go get some chinese food and order some extra hot mustard. now that will clear you right up!!!

kh1+2

kh1+2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
ok everybody colds gone with a mixture of 1 hot toddy (scottish drink), something called night nurse and lemsip. unfortunately i couldnt find zyncam/zincam but i did also drink plenty of pure orangees juice so thanks for the advice everyone ands and ya have anymore suggestions please do still post for later use if ya want :whistling:

luck4mike

luck4mike

• Pip
  • 4 posts
tea with honey ginger & a little bit of cayenne

teleblock_4u

teleblock_4u

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
what works for me is a bit of boiling water, add a shot or 2 of whiskey or brandy, some honey, siome ginger and a little grind of some pepper, stir it all up add a little cold water if its to h ot to drink it one, hold your nose and go for it :whistling: