Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus a7v8x-x voltage variation

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I have an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard and when i watch movies or play games Asus Probe software sets off the alarm because the +3.3V goes down below 10% (when idle its 3.1). I also get variations with the +5V but in this case it doesn't go below 10%.
I have checked the PSU and all current cables are in use (cd-rw, dvd, two hard drives, two fans and floppy disk drive).
Could it be because the PSU does not have enough wattage?.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Diego8, 20 February 2007 - 11:37 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
voltage drops like you describe are usually indicative of your PSU being underrated for the task at hand...what are the specs on the PSU? you might concider upgrading to something in the 400W or above range

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I think my PSU has 300W. Although i never got a hang up or shut down due to this i'll consider upgrading it.