Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp pavillion ze5500 just died - help!

• Please log in to reply

MMyrick

MMyrick

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My hp pavillion ze5500 just died. I logged off and left the house and when I returned it was dead. No power, no lights, nothing. I'm in NYC trying to get this fixed today, any suggestions?

Advertisements

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi MMyrick and welcome to G's2G...

What happens when you try and push in the power button to try and turn it on. Does it have any lights that come on? Have you tried taking the laptop and the power supply do a different power outlet and plug it in there? Also wiggle the power supply cord where it plugs into the laptop and see if any lights come on. See what happens and post the results, good or bad.

MMyrick

MMyrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
When I push the power button nothing happens. No lights, nothing. I tried the powercord in another outlet that I know is working and still nothing. I am about to take another cord and see if that makes a difference.

MMyrick

MMyrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just tried another powercord and still nothing.

megabite

megabite

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Was your battery fully charged when this happened do you know?

Take the battery out and just use the power supply

If nothing see if you can get the power supply tested to see if it is outputting.

MMyrick

MMyrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just took the battery out and still nothing. I'm using a new powercord that I was using on my other laptop and still nothing. The cord that I was using on the hp is question is working fine with my other laptop

MMyrick

MMyrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Bonk,

I just took the power supply/new cord and plugged it into another outlet and it is powering up. Not sure what happened, but thanks.

MMyrick

MMyrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Bonk,

Back in business, Thanks again.

Maxx

megabite

megabite

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Nice to hear......wish we knew why.......

MMyrick

MMyrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It seems like it was the outlet, but maybe I needed to just take the battery out. Whatever it was, you and Millerman996's suggestions worked and I"m using that computer right now. Thanx again.

Maxx