Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what are the top graphcs card brands?

• Please log in to reply

jdex24

jdex24

• Pip
  • 5 posts
looking at getting either a Gigabyte 8800gts or a XFS card what would be the better brand or is there a different brand that i should be looking for.
thanx for help in advance.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

looking at getting either a Gigabyte 8800gts or a XFS card what would be the better brand or is there a different brand that i should be looking for.
thanx for help in advance.

If they are both at the exact same speeds then there is basically no difference whatsoever. Some brand of cards might have overclocked versions which have a higher clock rate than others. Xfx is pretty good I also Like EVGA and BFG but the Evga cards for the money you cannot beat them at all.

jdex24

jdex24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanx for help, just purchased the XFS card. thats the end of my comp. looking forward to turning it on. just got to read up on bios forums now