Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie here - can't set Media Player as default ?

• Please log in to reply

snyder1

snyder1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi folks - I found this site out of desperation & hope somebody can help. I just bought a new computer & have three media players installed (quick time, real player and windows media player). I've been working for the last two hours trying to change the default media player to Windows Media PLayer (the computer apparently has quick time as the default player). I absolutely am pulling my hair out - the help tab does not go into how to change the default player anywhere. FYI ... I'm running Mozilla Firefox & have had much better luck controlling popups, etc than with explorer - maybe this has something to do with the media player default ??? It shouldn't. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

John S.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start Media Player then click tools then options then file types, either choose the files you need it to play or pess select all then apply then OK