Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

e-mail blocked

• Please log in to reply

Gabby323

Gabby323

• Pip
  • 2 posts
(I hope I'm in the correct forum) Okay...I have a cable internet access and I can go to any site without any problem EXCEPT for my internet provider site. Which means I can't get my e-mail from my own computer.

I can access my account from other computers, at work, my parents, etc...

A friend of mine (fellow computer guy) was in town and could not figure out the problem (we only had 30 mins.) so he installed fox fire so that I could at least access my e-mail. That worked for a few days and now that's blocked too.

All I get when I try to access my server is a clicking noise and the download bar flashing at the bottom.

Please...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, Gabby

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi Gabby and welcome to G2G,

What security software are you running?
Have you tried booting into safemode with networking? (start /run /open=msconfig. select the boot.ini tab then select safe boot and check network next to it and click ok and restart)

Gabby323

Gabby323

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Gabby and welcome to G2G,

What security software are you running?
Have you tried booting into safemode with networking? (start /run /open=msconfig. select the boot.ini tab then select safe boot and check network next to it and click ok and restart)

Hello...My security system is CA Security center.

First let me tell you I am very computer illiterate. I do however know that my friend, Dennis, did try this. (I remember him saying safemode.) It didn't work but I'll try again.

It's strange...I can get to a website like...MSN sponsered by comcast but not comcast.

Anything else I can tell you to help figure it out?

Thanks, Gabby

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
One of the causes of not getting to some websites is Security software and the easiest way to get that out of the way is safe mode with network. If that doesn't work time for browser maintenance.

Go to start /control panel /(classic view)internet options. On the general tab select "delete cookies" and "delete files". Click OK and and exit the control panel.

Go to start /run /open=cmd. Type in "ipconfig /flushdns" (no quotes) and press enter. You should get the message about clearing the dns resolver cache. type in exit and press enter.