Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! OS wont boot HELP!

• Please log in to reply

pytis

pytis

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
OK i recently re-instaled windows xp from linux and when it was copying data some data was mising so i skipped it ( stupid me ) so now when i boot the only thing i can do is press delete to go to the setup thing. but if i skip that this is what the screen looks like
----------------
| _ |
| |
| |
| |
----------------
only one line in a black screen shows and nothing hapends. can someone please help!!

Advertisements

pytis

pytis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
oops! the picture came out wrong
theres a white line on the top left corner and nothing happens
the mouse is off and keyboard too. ( its on in the press del thing )

pytis

pytis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
cmon someone please help! i need my mxo

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I would suggest you try a clean install of xp. Format the drive and start over.

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Yes, Do try to re-install Windows XP. Can you boot Windows Xp's Install CD? If not, I would suggest a bit crazy solution: Go to your (Best!) friend, ask him to put your hard-disc in his computer and see what's happening. You may also want to go to a computer laboratry. Without seeing the problem- I can't tell!

pytis

pytis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
its the hard drive it cant start instalation is there any way to wipe my hard drive or something withought going to windows or the instal. like is there a buton on a hard drive you can press to start over.