Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot find server

• Please log in to reply

Gamez

Gamez

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I used to have SBC but switched to RR and began setting up my wireless laptop to share with a new addition of a PC using ethernet card. Decided it was better to keep them separate with another wireless card for PC. Both with windows 2000 and work great. Decided to make laptop a dual monitor since the port and an extra monitor was available. Could not get to work but now laptop shows "Cannot find server - Microsoft Internet Explorer provide by SBC Yahoo! DSL" when I click on E that worked before. PC works fine and the laptop has good internet connection because I can click on icon for "My Network Places" and pull down favorites, click on any site shown and it connects. These sites don't say "provide by SBC Yahoo! DSL". During the sharing phase early on I made several configuration changes but was getting connection. Also contracted adware but used System Mechanics and Spybot to remove but did happen soon after that. Repair tools show to have a clean system now. I also removed and reinstalled IE6 but the dates on some of the files showed later dates so I probably just updated IE6. No luck. Any ideas.

Advertisements