Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista and Adobe Photoshop CS compatability issues

• Please log in to reply

noreds

noreds

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have tried several times to install Photoshop CS2 on Vista with no luck.
The program seems to install everything fine but when i click "finish" the activation box never appears.
Then i click the photoshop program in the programs list.
It opens and and then nothing.
It just does the not responding thing.
The computer is using Windows Vista Premium Edition
I dont have all the exact specs on the computer since its a friends one and i was helping him out since he isnt so technically minded.
It is a HP 2.33Ghz with 2gb of ram and a 500gb drive.
He never even turned it on so everything was untouched when i installed photoshop.
It has Norton Internet Security 2007.
I have already searched alot on google and it seems that adobe dont support CS2 on Vista.
Anyway i hear CS3 Beta will work with it, but so far havent seemed to be abe o get a hold of it anywhere.
And please dont tell me to get it from adobe cause i dont really know where my cs2 serial is.lol
Does anybody know if CS3 beta will work ok with vista and is there a tracker anywhere with it on it.
Also is there a way to install CS2 running in some sort of XP compatible mode in Vista.
He bought the computer mainly to use Photoshop on and so i would like to make sure he can use some verson of it.

Edited by noreds, 24 February 2007 - 05:35 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi noreds...

There is, indeed, a compatability mode in Vista. To use it, browse the PhotoShop cd, right click on the setup.exe file and choose "Properties". Under the "Compatability" tab, select the install options you need and Apply the changes...then run the setup.

wannabe1

noreds

noreds

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok after i do this compatability mode do i have to do any compatability mode on the Photoshop program in the program files folder.
if i do need to also do this does that mean i will have to do it for image ready and bridge etc.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That I can't tell you. I haven't had to use the compatibility options to install anything yet. I would assume that the compatibility install should do pretty much everything necessary for the application to run.

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
You could see if Gimp (open source freeware for Windows) works........
http://www.opensourcewindows.org/

noreds

noreds

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i would have no problem trying Gimp
I checked it out and looks pretty good to be honest
But its not for me
Its a friends father who wouldnt know there way around a computer very well
Dont get me wrong he can surf the net and edit photos fine
But he likes what he knows and i dont think he will want to spend the time he spent on Photoshop on Gimp too trying to learn it all again
He has tons and tons of Photoshop tutorials from magazines to dvds to quicktime videos and html links which have really helped him progress in photoshop
I had already tried to convert him to itunes instead of windows media played but that never worked
I know for a fact if he cant get Photoshop working on the computer he will be looking at getting rid of the computer as fast as he can, which would piss you off since he only has it a few days
And he cant really return to the store he got it in and say "hey vista doesnt work with CS2 i want my money back"
I dont want him stuck with a computer that he is gonna hate and never use for the next few months until CS3 comes out and hopefully works
I would also be alot happier installing CS2 rather than CS3 Beta as i know he will panic if there is any problems or differences with how the programs run
But since its a beta there will no doubt be problems
Should i make sure i have the most current build or does that matter
Anyway thanks for the help so far guys and the quick responses
Im lost on this one and really greatful if anyone can help out
Has anyone else had these probelms with CS2

Edited by noreds, 26 February 2007 - 04:18 PM.

cathudog

cathudog

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I am running Photoshop CS 9.0 on Business and Ultimate with no problems which version are you using.

noreds

noreds

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
it is running premium
tried getting another copy of cs2 and installed
again wouldnt work even with compatability mode selected
so got the cs3 beta
and it worked
so he is happy for now
just hope nothing strange starts happening with this beta cause i know he will panic
but anyone else getting the same problems do try the beta out

Labrat

Labrat

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I had to install PS 7 and then install CS2 - no problems. I then uninstalled PS7. Still no problems. :whistling: