Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD software uninstalled

• Please log in to reply

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,
I uninstalled my DVD software, and now, my laptop wont play any DVD. But, it writes DVDs fine, so, there is no problem with the DVD Rom as such.

Do you know from where I can download that software?

Thank you!!!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The best quality DVD player software is commercial, but you can get free ones which do the job with fewer bells and whistles. There's a couple I've linked to here:

http://www.cliprex.com/

http://www.snapfiles...get/avsdvd.html

After you've installed them, if you don't care for the interface, you should be able to use Windows Media Player instead because it can automatically detect when a third-party dvd-decoder has been installed. To avoid any problems with codecs from one being over-written by the other, I suggest you install just one of them first, try it. If you don't like it, uninstall it before installing the other one. You can also find other free ones by typing "Free DVD Player Software" into a google search bar.

Edited by pip22, 25 February 2007 - 02:52 PM.

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you very much! I downloadd=ed the AVSDVD, (the second link in your post) and it works perfectly. THANK YOU!!!