Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Laser Printer Output Not Baked In

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

We have an HP 8150n Laser Printer. Recently, we installed a new maintenance kit. The kit consisted of a Fuser, a Transfer Roller, and severeral Feed Rollers.

After a document comes out of the printer, you can run your hand across the page and feel the print. If you close your eyes, you'd think you were trying to learn Brail or something. In addition, the toner rubs off with the slightest touch. This is especiallyl true with printed graphics.

Anyone have any ideas?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
So...while I'm in here; what does the transfer roller do? I am unable to find this information online.

Thanks,

Magus

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
If the toner is not set, then the fuser is not working. Check to make sure that the fuser is properly connected and is getting warm (do not directly touch since it is hot). The paper should be warm when it comes out.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

The fuser is indeed warming up. I can tell when I open the side of the printer. Heat does radiate from the fuser.

I'm wondering if too much toner is being applied to the paper in some way.

Any other ideas?

Oh yeah, and about that transfer roller...the reason I ask about its function during the printing process is because we accidentally pulled out the entire contraption when tyring to replace just the rod. It took us several mintues to get it back into place because there were so many little springs inside. It looks like the springs all must connect to the metal rod in order to get a charge there or something.

Thanks,

Magus

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Is the paper getting warm? If for some reason the paper is too far from the fuser, it might not get hot enough.

I would think that it would be hard to apply too much toner, but I guess it is possible.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I'm off for the next two days so won't be able to check the temp of the paper. Will do in two days during my "Monday" at work and will reply then.

Thanks,

Magus