I don't know where to start as I changed a couple of things around the same time. I will post as much info as I can to start...
My computer is getting up in age and was home built a while back.
I recently upgraded (using an upgrade version of XP pro) from a pirated copy of XP pro to a legitimate copy. I also added a Logitec wireless keyboard/mouse, Panda Antivirus and a Dell 17" flat panel monitor (model 1702FP)--given to me by a friend. Here are the problems I am having....
- I tried to play Neverwinter Nights 1 online after installing all of those things (it worked perfectly before) and my ping was SUPER high (around 800-1000) when it is normally on the lower end (around 125). So I tried to reinstall my graphics card driver by downloading it online (since I do not have the disk handy). When I tried to install it, it said something along the lines of "try installing the VGA standard adapter" (for the monitor I think) for the install (of the video card) to work properly. I hope this is sort of making sense as I did not write it down.
- When I get on a webpage and use the scroll button on my wireless mouse, it is very choppy or sometimes won't scroll at all.
- My whole whole computer seems to be running REALLY slow compared to how it was before adding those things.
- Motherboard - P4X266A
- Intel P4 1.62 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
- XP PRO SP2
- HDD - Maxtor 6Y120PO
- HDD - Maxtor 6Y250PO
- Network Adapter - Netgear FA311 Adapter #2
- ATI - Radeon 9600 PRO 128M
- Dell 1702FP 17" Flat Panel Monitor
all the adapter info (chip type, DAC type, memory size, adapter string & bios information) says <unavailable>.
Hopefully this will make sense to someone....please let me know if any other info is required and thanks so much in advance....