Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card for HP Compaq evo n620c

• Please log in to reply

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I'm wondering if I can find a compatible graphics card for my notebook but I'm not so sure about which graphics card suites . I need a graphics card which is 128Mb or higher (in order to play game :blink: :whistling: ) .

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Sorry haphuong1712, but you can't upgrade the video card inside of laptops. The only things you can upgrade in a laptop is hard drive and ram.

Fenor

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I thought it's up to the kind of graphics card like shared or not shared .. and the graphics card can be replaced ?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Like I said before, the graphics card CANNOT be replaced in a laptop. Laptop's are very limited in what can be changed in them. Basically all that can be replaced/upgraded is memory and hard drive.

Fenor

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
have you used DELL D810 (uses ati x600), dell M70( uses nvidia Quando FX1400) this two laptops can switch their graphics card .

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
It's just useless down here :whistling:

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
there are a very few laptops that can have a modular video... I have seen a toshiba with one ( dont' remember the model ) but you'd have to check with the laptop manufacturer and see if the laptop even has an upgradable video.... I've also never seen a laptop video upgrade on the normal market so you may have to buy direct.... they may be available I've just never seen one.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well I looked up the manual at compaq and it doesn't say anything about your video being upgradable. You'd probably have to contact them directly to find out for sure... even if it is, unless you are very familiar with laptops you'd need to take it somewhere to be installed.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Well I looked up the manual at compaq and it doesn't say anything about your video being upgradable. You'd probably have to contact them directly to find out for sure... even if it is, unless you are very familiar with laptops you'd need to take it somewhere to be installed.

Agreed. While laptops are pretty easy to take apart, putting them together correctly can be the tricky part. If you don't do it perfectly, you can cause all sorts of problems for the laptop and it might not even boot up again at all. :whistling:

Fenor