Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window ME

• Please log in to reply

deb306

deb306

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I havent posted or read anything on this site since mid last year and was surprised to read from Administration that Microsoft no longer is offering support for Windows ME, which is my operating system. Does that mean I can not get the support here either? Also, can I run SpyBot and Adware SE in Safe Mode :whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Can answer your first question about support here for Win ME. Most assuredly we will try to help anyone using any O/S. The Geeks in the forum come from all over and are diversified in many areas. Feel free to post your problem(s) here any time.

As far as I know, the software should run in Safe Mode with no problems. I haven't been in Safe Mode in years. :whistling:

Ron

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
We will always help you with any outdated OS. Some of us grew up using it so we still have experience.

And YES you can run Spybot and Adaware in safe mode. Its just the desktop with very limited drivers and nothing running on start up. Thats why its safe mode. lol

Hope I answered your question :whistling:

deb306

deb306

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thank you ULTIMATE and MAJOR PAYNE for your help and feedback ...... :whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're most welcome anytime. Sincerely hope you never have to post here. :whistling: Win ME does have its problems as you can tell from this forum section.

Good luck.

Ron