Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with background

• Please log in to reply

KaiserUltimate

KaiserUltimate

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Okay here is the problem guys. My screen one day decided t osay forget my background lets replace it with the old blue screen from when i first got my computer. Now here is he trick when I end the explorer.exe process my original background/wallpaper is still there, but when i reload the explorer.exe process to get the taskbar back the old blue comes back and covers up my lovely desktop background. I have tried messing with all my graphics card functions, the properties and the nthe desktop tab is there but it doesnt let me click on anything at all browse is greyed out.

Now i have used antiVir and AVG to find possible problems, for instance on my AVG its showing a Downloader.Agent.uj in my system win32 folder...so deleting as far as I know isnt an option. Thats the only "High Risk" one present on my desktop, there are some minor ones that im getting rid of, but this thing with my background desktop is it linked to this downloader?

Does anyone think they can help, Im gussing using hijackthis is probably my only salvation?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The problem could very well be linked to a malware infection. That needs to be checked out and, if necessary, cleaned up first before trying to get your background back.

I suggest you look at the "pinned" posts in this malware forum before sending them a HijackThis log:
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

KaiserUltimate

KaiserUltimate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have tried every scanner and remover known to man, tried AVG, tried AntiVir, trend, Im not even sure what else al I know is there is a downloader.agent.uj in my win32 folder for sure thats what AVG is telling me and an online scanner told me i have quite a few hack and tracker things on my comp. So Im kind of wondering what to do here.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Post a HiJackThis log in the malware forum and one of our professionals over there will analyze it :whistling: