Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microphone help please

• Please log in to reply

deiv

deiv

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello
i've just bought a microphone+headphones set, (a simple, cheap one). the headphones work fine but i just cant hear anything coming out of the mic. i've checked and there's nothing muted, and when i try to record it doesnt record anything... I went back to the place i bought it from and it works there... the owner told me that i need to define the microphone, something like that... im using a sigmatel audio card (i think..)..
i tried to download drivers and such, but i failed... is it supposed to be that hard just to install a simple microphone? what could be the problem?

can you please help me?

Advertisements

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
On your audio control panel (the speaker in the task bar) click Options -> Properties -> recording -> and make sure microphone is checked, and if you want to, you can click the "advanced" button and apply a 10 dB boost to the mic signal when it records

hope that helped :whistling:

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01-deiv-[Microphone trouble] 28th FEB-2007

deiv – Welcome to – Geeks to Go

Need a little info on your PC

1. Is this a Dell Laptop using a PCMIA Card
2. Mics – Sometime have ON/OFF Switch – Verify it is On
3. This card may only work in – Driver Mode to MME-32 bit
4. I do not know what application software you are using, but use following site as a guideline
5. http://www.cakewalk....sp?man=Sigmatel
6. Read this - http://www.webcastacademy.net/node/593

If you post the following info – I will search for more specific items that are better related -

1. Type of PC – [Laptop] – [Desktop] – [Tower]
2. PC Manufacturer
3. PC Model Number
4. Sound/Audio Application

Jack123