Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Problems

• Please log in to reply

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
This problem has me stumped so I am calling on all geeks to figure this out. I currently have Nero 7 Premium (Ultra? The full package one) installed on my computer to manage all of my burning needs. Lately, whenever I try to burn DVD's (not just AVI's, but .vob's as well), it will transcode everything, but then will just crash my computer.

It's happened 9/10 times lately and it's becoming frustrating. What is causing my computer to crash when it hits the burning process?

PS - I'm 80% the crash happens when it reaches the burn phase but I'm not 100% positive.

EDIT: There are no warnings, or sounds. The computer just straight turns off, doesn't even close all the programs, it just seems like the power gets cut.

Edited by BlackPandemic, 02 March 2007 - 01:24 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Make sure you are running the latest version of Nero 7 as there have been several updates to address various bugs and issues since the original boxed version. It's now up to v7.7.5.1. Unfortunately the updates are complete, standalone versions which means they are large downloads (190MB) and you have to uninstall your existing version first. Your existing serial number is still valid for the updates:
http://www.nero.com/...ng/nero7-up.php

Edited by pip22, 02 March 2007 - 05:56 AM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Long delay, apologies (I was on spring break :whistling: )

I uninstalled Nero, installed the new update, and the problem persists. Today I tried to burn a couple college movies I've recorded and it got started fine, so I went over to get a drink, go the bathroom, overall just to wait for this to finish. I come back 5 minutes later, and the computer is off. When I asked my roommate what happened he said it just shut itself down. Any more suggestions? Thanks!