Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Issues

• Please log in to reply

gravesmeister

gravesmeister

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys i've been reading your forums now for about a year and this would be the first time I have posted. Anywho I have a couple issues I hope won't be too hard to figure out. First my specs are as follows; AMD 5200+ x2 dual core, msi k9a platinum, 2 gig kingston 667 mem, x1950xtx sapphire, 600 watt PSU, 500 gig sata WD, Sata liteon DVD-RW, 22" viewsonic LCD widescreen. My first issue is with my video. My games look spectacular, but my video looks crappy. By crappy i mean it looks grainy and very ghosty. Sometimes there are horizontal lines in the video. The lines are very random. Sometimes I have green dots when playing half life 2 which a reboot of the game usually fixes it. I have CCC 7.2 that was installed after uninstalling previous driver. So good gaming poor to ok video. One thing I forgot to mention is that streamin video from www.nbc.com look kinda blocky and crappy as well.
Another kind of weird thing is I can't figure out how to make Quicktime 7 play my DVD movies. I don't remember having problems in XP having any player I wanted play any video file. I also tried downloading classic media player and the video looked crappy there also. I appreciate any help I can get. It almost makes me want to go back to XP but I thought I would pick your brains first. Thanks.

Edited by gravesmeister, 03 March 2007 - 06:11 PM.

Advertisements

gravesmeister

gravesmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well no need to reply to this. I finally had enough of Vista. Games started not working right and started getting a bunch of just really weird crap so I reinstalled MCE 2005 and WHEW. Wayyyyy better. Games run 3 times as fast again. I really recommend to anyone out there thinking of Vista to WAIT! It's pretty and all that but I won't trade aero and prettiness for smooth, fast operating. I think Vista might be ok in a year or 2 but not for now. Save yourself the headache. Later.